Sunday, January 10, 2016

Announcing: The Legend Project!


After MacGyver ended, the next tv series that Richard Dean Anderson took part in was Legend, a show which he has said was his favorite of all. I missed it when it originally aired, and it was never available for viewing on DVD....until now!

The series run lasted one season of twelve episodes, and a quick check of the IMDB full cast reveals a ton of familiar names to MacGyver fans, including the main supporting actor John de Lancie from The Escape, producer Mike Greenburg, and composer Ken Harrison.

I just got my DVD in the mail, and my plan is to watch about one episode per week (with my first post being in two weeks).  Since you know I love to rank things, I will rank each episode as I watch it and will keep track on this page (and will add your rankings too if you want to play along). I also hope to bring a few interviews with actors, writers, and producers to get some of the inside story.

I'm really looking forward to getting started on this (especially since the show is completely new to me), and I hope that you'll enjoy it too!


CONVERSATIONS
Mike Greenburg
Jay Rabins

RANKINGS
My Episode Rankings:
1. Revenge of the Herd (Ep. 9)
2. Fall of a Legend (Ep. 10)
3. The Gospel According to Legend (Ep. 7)
4. The Life, Death, and Life of Wild Bill Hickok (Ep. 5)
5. Mr. Pratt Goes to Sheridan (Ep. 2)
6. Knee-High Noon (Ep. 6)
7. Skeletons in the Closet (Ep. 12)
8. Legend on his President's Secret Service (Ep. 3)
9. Clueless in San Francisco (Ep. 11)
10. Bone of Contention (Ep. 8)
11. Custer's Next-to-Last Stand (Ep. 4)
12. Birth of a Legend (Ep. 1)

Mark's Episode Rankings:
1. Fall of a Legend (Ep. 10)
2. The Gospel According to Legend (Ep. 7)
3. The Life, Death, and Life of Wild Bill Hickok (Ep. 5)
4. Mr. Pratt Goes to Sheridan (Ep. 2)
5. Bone of Contention (Ep. 8)
6. Skeletons in the Closet (Ep. 12)
7. Revenge of the Herd (Ep. 9)
8. Custer's Next-to-Last Stand (Ep. 4)
9. Legend on his President's Secret Service (Ep. 3)
10. Birth of a Legend (Ep. 1)
11. Clueless in San Francisco (Ep. 11)
12. Knee-High Noon (Ep. 6)

Al's Episode Rankings:
1. The Gospel According to Legend (Ep. 7)
2. Fall of a Legend (Ep. 10)
3. Revenge of the Herd (Ep. 9)
4. The Life, Death, and Life of Wild Bill Hickok (Ep. 5)
5. Clueless in San Francisco (Ep. 11)
6. Mr. Pratt Goes to Sheridan (Ep. 2)
7. Skeletons in the Closet (Ep. 12)
8. Custer's Next-to-Last Stand (Ep. 4)
9. Bone of Contention (Ep. 8)
10. Knee-High Noon (Ep. 6)
11. Legend on his President's Secret Service (Ep. 3)
12. Birth of a Legend (Ep. 1)

8 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I've ordered mine too but it'll take longer to ship to the UK so am not expecting it until the end of the month. Looking forward to watching, reading your reviews and adding my own comments. It'll be fun to watch the series especially as RDA has always said it was his favourite role. Apart from watching one poor-picture-quality episode on You Tube, its new to me too.(I decided not to watch any more as it might spoil the experience in case he DVD ever came out ......and here it is!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Glad to have you on board! I'm looking forward to getting back into tv reviews and seeing the comments from everybody.

      Delete
  2. One episode a week sounds like a workable pace. Hope we all enjoy the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you watch it when it originally aired?

      Delete
    2. I didn't get UPN back in 1995 but a librarian's aide at my high school taped a handful of them for me so I watched a few episodes.

      Delete
  3. Hi, there! I've been binge reading through your script analyses for the past couple hours and having the time of my life (I will never, never be over Samuel the Bullfrog). Super excited to check out more ASAP. In the meantime, I was wondering if you know of anywhere the scripts are available to read/purchase?

    Thank you for your time, and this archive of gems! I'm just delighted to have stumbled across this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annnnd whaddya know. I had too many tabs opened in different posts of yours, and left what was meant to be a Mac comment on the Legend page. Oops. :')

      Delete
    2. Hey, thanks so much for reading! I had to do a search to remind myself who Samuel the Bullfrog was, lol.

      All of the scripts that I've gotten have been from ebay -- they pop up every once in a while.

      Delete