Friday, July 3, 2015

About This Blog

Thank you for visiting my blog!  I started it in September 2013 to have fun and share my love of MacGyver.  I wrote one post per episode and counted down from my least favorite to most favorite, and I sprinkled in some conversations with cast and crew members.

Once I finished writing about all the MacGyver episodes, I moved on to counting down another favorite subject of mine: Disney music.  I also started two podcasts - one where I talk to people involved with the Olympics, and another where I talk to authors.  Despite the fact that all these seemingly unrelated endeavors are on different tracks, I decided to keep everything centrally located in the same blog for my own ease of use.

I have no shortage of ideas for potential future topics, and I foresee the blog continuing to grow and branch out to different areas.  But I like to think of MacGyver as at the spiritual heart of everything, and just because I'm done counting down the episodes doesn't mean that I won't ever post about MacGyver again.

As for me, I'm originally from Pennsylvania but now live in Wisconsin.  I have a son who keeps me busy, and in my spare time I enjoy sports (playing and watching), reading, and being outside. In 2014, I published a novel called The Nightingale Moon which is available for order on Amazon.com.  It's a historical fiction novel that takes place in the U.S. Civil War, and while it's primarily intended for 10-14 year-olds, adults can also enjoy it too.  You can also learn more about me by checking out my book web site.  Thanks again for visiting and enjoy "The MacGyver Project!"

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nick,
    Nice blog. I loved MacGyver too. Great Show. I was a fan of Quantum Leap too. Too bad Sam never made it home. Bummer. :-( Well at least Al made it home. That was good. I liked MacGyver because I was a fan of Richard Dean Anderson. I also liked him in Stargate. Another Great Sci Fi Show. I've seen some commercials for that new MacGyver reboot. Look forward to seeing some episodes. I know it won't be the same without RDA, but I'm keeping an open mind about this new MacGyver show. Hope it has a good run. Thanks for making this blog for all us RDA fans. Keep up the good work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Nancy, and hope you enjoy the blog!

      Delete
  2. Hi Nick,

    I have recently discovered your blog, and although I haven't had a chance to really dig in and comment, I wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed what I have read immensely. I recently became a huge fan of MacGyver, and I love reading your reviews of episodes. I also wanted to thank you, because you inspired me to finally start my own reviewer's blog, something I've been wanting to do for a long time but have never been sure how to approach.

    I recommended your blog in my initial post of The OCR (Obsessive Compulsive Reviewer), not only because I enjoy it so much, but also because you inspired me so much. I can't wait to continue to read more of your posts! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I appreciate the kind words and am happy to hear that my blog inspired you. I will check out your blog!

      Delete