Thursday, July 23, 2015

Disney Song #74: Whistle While You Work


To Listen:  Click Here

The Facts:
  • Writers: Frank Churchill (music), Larry Morey (lyrics)
  • Performer: Adriana Caselotti
  • Year: 1937
  • Key:  E Flat Major

Heard In: 
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Background:
This song is sung by Snow White as she is cleaning up her cottage.  I only wish I could have an army of happy chipmunks, squirrels, raccoons, and deer to help me straighten up around the house.

Somehow, the first result returned in a google search for this song is another song called "Whistle While You Work It."  I gave a quick listen to it, and let's just say I'll stick with the original.

Musically Speaking:
This song is a classic, and while there are several classics that did not make it into my top 76, I couldn't leave this upbeat tune off the list.  I give it bonus points because it's the kind of song that you might hear when arriving at the Magic Kingdom or walking down Main Street before the park opens. Happy times.  In fact, here's a nice rendition from the Merry Go Round).

Personal Connection:
I don't have much of a connection to the movie (I think I saw it once as a kid) or the song, other than it's one that I associate with walking around Disney World on a nice sunny day like I just alluded to.  Maybe later in the countdown I'll give Snow White a rewatch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment